September 27, 2018
Gamblers Post exclusive interview with B2B Account Director at Ezugi, Craig Luke.
– You’re welcome and thank you for inviting me to answer some of your questions. First of all, I would say I am loving working for Ezugi. The past year has been one of the most enjoyable of my career to date. Working so closely with and learning from a great mentor like Kfir Kugler (CEO & Founder), has been a breath of fresh air and has given me a platform for a better understanding of regulated markets and the opportunity to develop skills.
Ezugi has a clear strategy and vision for the next few years and I am 100% invested in being part of the success and only when all this is achieved can I fully answer your question. Whilst Ezugi has achieved a lot in a short space of time, there is still much to do. All of the building blocks are being put in place to make further success a reality and I hope you can invite me back and I’ll be able to say with a big confident smile that it has been a monumental ride resulting in Ezugi being the go-to Live Casino supplier for all markets.
– Currently, Ezugi has 18 Live Games integrated into the Ezugi network and each game as you would expect has its own appeal. This is one of the reasons why we have so many games because we know our customers want to give their customers the greatest choice and the best opportunity to enjoy live casino. Ezugi has always been very agile and flexible in terms of game development and listening to our customers, so we are always open to hear about the next big game opportunity for your market!
When you talk about most popular games, the usual suspects are close to the top of the league table – roulette, blackjack and baccarat. Other games compliment the portfolio dependent on the market preference. For example, in the regulated South African market Ezugi lotto styled product, Bet on Numbers is a huge hit from an omni-channel point of view.
Our last game release happened just before ICE 2018 and is called Unlimited 21 Blackjack Auto-split – this game solves the problem of limited seat availability on Blackjack tables as the dealer is able to play simultaneously against an unlimited number of players. In order, to have clean rich UI and to make the game quick and enjoyable, the game has in-built logic which splits player cards on certain pairs. We have found as you are able to offer volume the minimum stake can be reduced and therefore is a great acquisition tool to get new players over to the live casino ecosystem.
– Yes! I’m very passionate about casinos and I place an emphasis that the customer journey should be fully understood to create an optimum customer journey. It certainly helps when contributing to all those round table meetings and putting forward ideas. Traditionally, blackjack has always been my game but recently I have become a fan of Casino Hold’em.
– Yes, Ezugi streams live dealer from 8 studios across the globe. Ezugi places great emphasis on localization which allows players to communicate and immerse into the games with someone communicating in their mother tongue.
Some studios are private and are not connected to the Ezugi network either for regulatory reasons or our customers have chosen to take private tables which allows them a fully customized environment with their own approved dealers with full branding.
As well as our studios Ezugi offers OTT (Over the Table) where roulette or blackjack tables are streamed live from a bricks and mortar casino. The first casino Ezugi worked with was Portomaso Casino based in Malta, and our most recent OTT installation was the Palace Casino in Bucharest.
– Ezugi will be attending most shows during 2018 so we will be happy to set up a meeting with anyone looking to add or extend their live dealer portfolio. Kfir will attend G2E, whilst all of my team will be attending SiGMA in Malta as we did last year. Nadine Thys, Kfir and myself will also be attending the first ICE Africa to be held in Johannesburg in October. This is a show I’m very much looking forward to!
– To continue striving for more from a product and compliance point of view. We have some exciting product launches planned for the rest of the year which will see complete overhaul of the game UI as we move into new technology.
From a compliance point of view we will be entering Italy and Spain as well as preparing everything in order to be prepared to enter Sweden and Denmark from the very first day the market will open.